Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Summer depression is setting in.....or something.

Sigh. It has been a loooooooooooooooooong summer. And I still have a month to go. Part of me can't WAIT for summer to get over, and other parts of me really don't want it to end. Also I'm having trouble coping with the fact that my best friend has replaced me, but I don't have anyone to replace her. So I spend a lot of days alone or with my family. On the upside, I'm spending lots of quality time with my sisters.

Speaking of quality time with my sisters....last weekend I went to a secondhand serenade concert with them and it was EXCELLENT. Possibly the funnest day of summer so far. It was at Thanksgiving Point which is like 20 mins away from Provo, and about 30 mins or so past South Salt Lake if you care. It was an outdoor performance so we just put a blanket out on the grass. We weren't that close to the stage though we did walk up as close as we could when secondhand serenade actually started singing so we could be with the group that was jumping up and down and belting out the songs insead of in the back where the people were mostly making out on thier blankets. :) A group called Single File performed first (they were ok......) then We Shot the Moon who was better (and they gave us free samples of their new CD which is pretty good) Then a band called Parachute who's song "she is love" is apparently really popular on the radio although I don't really like it. Hee hee ok. Then at like 9:30 (it started at 7) secondhand serenade actually started and it went til 11. Man I had so much fun it was great. And thanks for letting me rant about it for a really long paragraph.

Seriously nothing else has happened this summer. And nothing else is planned. I don't even get to go to peach days because its a week later on account of Labor Day being a week later on account of September starting on a Tuesday. Usually Peach Days is the last weekend before I go up, but its the weekend after this year. Bummer. And I was kinda planning on being in the Peach Queen Pagent (for the experience and also cuz my job would have sponsored me) but I guess thats out.

I am going to go to drive my mommy to Salt Lake on Friday so she can get her chemo, and since it takes like 4 hours my Aunt Wendy is going to take me (and Jodie) to lunch and also perhaps shopping if we're lucky. So I guess that'll be fun.
K thats it. Bye

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, My summer has gone like double time! I can't wait to see you at school we are gonna have a blast! That's awesome about the concert, they really are fun :)

    ReplyDelete