Saturday, September 20, 2014

It doesn't matter what I write, I'll just think it's stupid later.

What a day it has been. Actually, it's been a busy couple of days. Something is sort of happening with my life so I don't have to be cynical and negative and sit around and do nothing all the time. Yay!

It's really hard being patient, and it's especially hard now that things are ALMOST happening but not quite. Also, I'm fairly terrified of the future. It's going to be hard. Also, also, why is this screen so bright? I really wish I could tone it down but this silly website insists on lots of white-ness. Maybe they're racist. That was my attempt at a lame joke. :)

So here's the dealio. After I posted and was cynical about my life, I decided to get up off my rear and do some stuff. I went and saw Cali and it was soooo much fun. Her children are adorable. Jocelyn is 14 months old, and just getting to the stage where she's exploring EVERYTHING. She's just learned to walk so she's constantly getting into everything and finding new and exciting things to put in her mouth. Lyla is three and learning a lot of new words, and using even more new words, even when she doesn't really know what they mean yet. And then it was just fun to see Cali. I think I am closer to her in some ways than I am even with my sisters. Goodness knows I see her more often than my sisters sometimes. We talked late into the night and then had fun making cake this morning before I had to leave to go to an orientation thing for substitute teaching.

Orientation was boring as all get out but I will hopefully be able to start subbing on Monday. But I won't because I randomly got an e-mail from a charter school I interviewed with before I went to Nauvoo called American Preparatory Academy. They didn't have an opening for me then, but apparently their woodwind teacher is going to quit and they would like me to come to an interview on Monday for the position. I am super excited about this. I reallllllly want the job, so hopefully they like me again and I can figure out how to be a good woodwind teacher. Eeeeeeeeeee!!!

And now for the best part of the day. I got to go see the President's Own Marine band play at a random High School in Orem. Like, the Marine band that's stationed in Washington DC and plays for the president. Some people have argued that it's one of the best bands in the world, and certainly in the United States. I don't know why they were performing at a random High School in Orem but I'm glad I got to go. Even cooler, I went with Rachel, Kelly, and Marsie, who are friends from Nauvoo. There's something about listening to really good music that makes me extremely happy, and this was really good. And when I say really good I mean professional grade, exceptional, oh my gosh it's so beautiful I'm going to die music. I need to find a band and join it so I can play again.

Ok I'm extremely tired, and my eyeballs are screaming at me, so I think this is going to be it. Hopefully I'll have good news to report next time I write. ") 

No comments:

Post a Comment