Sunday, March 8, 2009

...............................I like dots..........................

Daylight savings time......are we actually saving daylight? Does it need to be saved? I don't think so. All I know is I get less sleep. And that sucks. 'cuz I'm tired. My life seems to be a never ending cycle of me waking up too early and getting to bed too late. So I'm constantly tired. Or wired. Heh heh heh.

So...................................blah. This week was pretty blah. Umm on Thursday I went to this stupid dance thing for my dance class.....it was dumb. Pretty much there were about twice as many girls as guys there, so they lined us up on the stage like sheep and then the guys just went through the line and asked us to dance so we could work on the skillz we learned in class. But there were so many girls we only danced like half of the time. Plus I really didn't know anyone so I kinda just sat there by myself a lot of the time. Good times, good times.

Friday was a bit better I guess. I went to the symphony orchestra concert. They did a catholic requiem with the men and women's choir. It was by Durafley (Not sure if it's spelled right) who is pretty 20th century....but it was still really really good. Then they did a voilin concerto and Dvorak's symphony #8. They were both excellent. I've noticed lately that my taste in music has matured somewhat. When I was in High School, or even when I was a freshman here, I would have been bored silly at a concert like that. But now I really enjoyed it. After the concert me and some of my friends had pizza in the snow elevator again but we wer kicked out because they had to move a bunch of things to the basement. So we moved to the fishbowl and stayed there 'til like midnight. Good fun.

Saturday I mostly did homework (yay!!) which mostly consisted of practicing my flute and bassoon and trombone. (on a completely random tangent: bassoon. is there just an oon? not just a bass oon? How about a alto-oon? tenor-oon? I want to learn one of those!!) And also practicing for my ear training test on Tuesday. Oh how I loathe those tests!! I long for the day when I will be free of them forever! And this is my last semester I have to take those classes so that's pretty exciting!!
In the afternoon I went to a senior recital for one of my fellow flute majors. She did a really good job. One of the songs she did was called Zoom Tube by Ian Clarke who is a 20th century composer. (And generally 20th century means weird. :) ) And this was no exception. Parts of it were like beat boxing into the flute, and there was lots of harmonics and singing while playing. It was intense.
After that I went to Great Harvest with my flute friends and then went to Extravadance at 7:30 which is kind of like a dance recital. Compare it to a band concert for dancers. It was really really good though. One of my FHE sisters is a dance major, so that's why I went. But also because I really liked it. If I could do my life over again, I would want to see if I could become a dancer.

So there you have it. Today is Sunday, the one day of the week I can actually relax. And now it's almost over. I went to choir practice again, but I didn't sing any of the screaming high notes this time so I hope I don't get a really sore throat this week like I did last week.

Toodles! DFTBA!

No comments:

Post a Comment