Thursday, March 19, 2009

So much to say!! And so little time to say it....ha ha actually not really.

So it's been quite awhile since I've updated this, sorry. Man life just seems to be happening around me and I kind of just sit and watch it pass by trying to do as much as a can with what I have. It's kind of frustrating. Uhhhhh ok.

What happened? WELL I don't really remember what happened all last week....bad memory. I know that I tried to find and accompanist all week and failed. That was a bummer. I'm still looking too but I'm hoping I've found someone (lets cross our fingers folks!). Other than that I don't think anything of real importance happened until the weekend.

On Friday Cali and Mckell came up to see me, which I didn't know they were going to do. Ha ha it was really really fun but since they didn't tell me they were coming I didn't have anything planned for us to do like I did last time. So the first hour and a half they were there they hung out in the fishbowl while I practiced my flute. Then we went to dinner at Jack in the Box and went to Opera Scenes which Emily was in. I really enjoyed it (even though it was 2.5 hours long) but I'm thinking Cali wanted to strangle someone by the end. She doesn't sit through things very well. But Emily did really well even though she had to kiss a fat married man. :P

On Saturday I went to the temple with Nyssa at 7 am and Mckell and Cali just slept through it. Cali let me take her car so we didn't have to walk which was nice. Then I went to trombone sectionals, got home by eleven. I didn't do any of the things I wanted to do, homework, practicing etc because Cali and Mckell were up here but that's ok. We did have pi day with my friends (on accoiunt of it WAS pi day 3/14 :P) in the snow elevator which was fun. Lots and lots of pi.....uh pie. Then I made them sit through a trombone masterclass by this really awesome trombone player. He really knew how to play a trombone, it was really cool although I'm not sure my friends liked it. Lots of music talk. After that we just hung out at home, played games ordered pizza and battled vampires on facebook. It was really fun.

Sunday it was stake conference so we had to be there super early. Plus Nyssa and I were in the choir so we had to be there an hour earlier than super early. It was intense. After church we had dinner and then went to the park and took pictures of each other. I'm gonna put some down in here 'cuz they're really funny. Also if you want to see them all, look on facebook they're all there along with the rest of my life practically. It was sad to see them go.

One thing I didn't really convey through the whole weekend was the overwhelming exhaustion I felt the whole time. On Friday I stayed up 'til like two thirty with Cali and Mckell then went to the temple at seven, and I don't operate very well 4.5 hours of sleep. Then Sunday the same thing happened practically. So I was having fun through a haze of exhaustion, which caused me to sleep through a good third of stake conference probably. Oops. But it was totally worth it.

This week has been pretty good although I've been stressing a lot about finding an accompanist. I have a flute choir concert tonight, and another one on Friday along with a studio recital for flute. Our band concert is on Wednesday, (eek!) and scale juries are on Thursday. (double eek!) So it's gonna be busy. But that's the way I like it.

This is Sarah Jensen saying over and out! 'til the next time I get some time to write this!

No comments:

Post a Comment