Thursday, February 26, 2009

Nothing says happy birthday like a hamburger the size of a plate..... :D

Ya. So I haven't written in a long time. Longer than I should have. And it's really late. But I thought I'd put in my two cents tonight 'cause I can.
Uhh the Sousa concert went really well, it was last Friday and now it's Thursday. Our picc solo went well although we totally rushed at the end. Hopefully the recording will come out soon and I'm totally buying it!!!

But. On to more important things. Such as the fact that today happens to be my birthday. Yay me!!! Ha ha jk I actually hate people making a big deal about my birthday because I am generally a shy person. I totally got away with it in dance AND band. No one sang to me. BUT after flute scale class (where we had our test by the way....I think I did pretty good...) umm my flute buddies totally had made me a cake and so they brought it in and sang Happy Birthday and we ate cake for like half an hour until we all had to go to other classes.

THEN this evening I went to a harp ensemble and after that Carrie said we were gonna have pizza in the elevator afterwards....and I was like ok cool. But it turns out we actually had hamburgers and bacon and salad and all the works to go with it. And they made me a hamburger the size of a plate. It was amazing! So not only did they make me a cake, but they also made hamburgers. And we had a party in the elevator. Yes, the elevator. It's actually pretty big because they use it to haul pianos and timpani's and Xlophones and stuff on and off stage so we had a pretty nice setup going on. And when people opened the door to use it, we offered them a hamburger. I'm sure many people thought we were crazy. And let's face it, we are. Sigh. I have the best friends!!

All in all it was an amazing birthday. Oh!! and I got a package from home which contained lots of really cute clothes (thanks mom!!) and a towel and some candy AND best of all.....drum roll here....a metronome! Yay! Because I had a really crappy one and now I have a really nice one that subdivides, and is also a tuner and also a pitch generator and ALSO a guitar tuner so if I ever take up guitar I'm set. Cha-ching! Now I'm excited to practice. Well sort of.

Oh, also before I went to the harp concert but after I had cake, my FHE brother brought me over another cake. It was chocolate and looked delicious so even though I'd just had flute cake I had to have a piece. It was really good. I'm going on a date with him tomorrow night. And Nyssa also made me a cake, so in all I got three cakes. Not bad for one birthday! I am now officially 20. I will never be a teenager again. And I don't know if that's sad or exciting. I'll let you know when I figure it out.

1 comment: