Sunday, January 25, 2009

Its like two in the morning and I can't sleep. Too much drama. So I'm here. Writing. Go figure.

So today was really busy. I was in the snow building by like eleven and I had a trombone sectional at twelve. Now as you may recall, I am a flute player. I have however taken a brass methods class so I've learned the basics of trombone. So being the silly girl that I am I decided to try playing trombone in the university band. It's kicking my butt. At least our director Bro. Nielson is really understanding. He told me today I was doing a really good job for as much experience I have on the trombone and that's heartening. He's a really really good conductor, probably one of the best I've had I'm learning tons.
K I'm going to go on a music nerd rant here for a min. So if you're not a music nerd just skip this next paragraph. We're playing a symphony by Dvorak in this band and I'm having sooo much fun! There are lots of really fun trombone parts in it. It is so weird to hear the flutes and not be a part of them. But at the same time, I really love being able to blast out really LOW notes. It is a completely new and foreign experience to me so even though its really kickin my butt I'm also really enjoying it. Ok music rant over. For now. I am a music major after all.......:) :D
And the rest of my day was pretty much filled up with homework and practicing and whatnot. Nyssa made pizza tonight for dinner and it was excellent. She's a really good cook.
Oh, and this evening Morgan and the girls downstairs and I all went to see Twilight at the cheap theater. For the third time. Sigh. The first time I saw it was with my roomie Amanda and she's totally in love with it so I had to think it was pretty good; and the second time I saw it I slept through it 'cause I'd only had like three hours of sleep the previous night. But this time I watched it and I couldn't help but think.....this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever watched. Don't get me wrong I really like the books but the movie was RIDICULOUS. The acting was terrible and the dialogue was worse. It made me laugh. I'll probably still go see the second one though. 'Cause even though Edward isn't that hot in the movie.....Dr. Cullen sure is!! and Jasper would be exept he looks like he's in pain all the time. :P
K folks that's pretty much all I have to say tonight. Or uhh this morning. So I'm going to sign off. But never fear! Tomorrow is Sunday filled with lots and lots of free time!! So most likely you'll see me (or rather read about me) tomorrow! Farewell all!!!!

2 comments: