Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Why am I a music major again? Oh, right. 'Cause I love it.

So, today was pretty much craziness. But that's what I said about my life before. New adjective. Hmm....ok.
So today was pretty much absurd, balmy, beyond all reason, bizarre, cockeyed, derisory, eccentric, fatuous, foolhardy, foolish, goofy*, half-baked*, harebrained*, idiotic, ill-conceived, impracticable, imprudent, inane, inappropriate, insane, irresponsible, loony, ludicrous, nonsensical, odd, out of all reason, outrageous, peculiar, preposterous, puerile, quixotic, ridiculous, senseless, short-sighted, silly, strange, unworkable, weird, and wild thank you www.thesaurus.com!

That's definitely how it was in way too many words. :) And actually many of those words don't really fit. Oh well.

So I had class at 7:45 as usual. Woodwind methods (music major remember?) and it was good but I wish my teacher would quit telling us HOW to play the instrument (as of right now it's the oboe but it'll change into the clarinet, saxophone and bassoon in good time. ) and actually let us PLAY the silly things. That is the only way to get experience in my opinion.
After that I have social dance which is fun but all the guys are soooooooooooo awkward. Like, after you say your major and where you're from, they just don't talk to you. Well they don't talk to me anyway. Maybe I'm not cute enough.

Then there's the evilness that is ear training four. Is it enough that they make you sing stupid melodies by yourself in front of the class? No, now they're going to be A-tonal! Thank-you! (Not that I'm complaining mind.....it's just a little flusterating at times. Ok, maybe I'm complaining a little.....but only a little.)

After ear training I get to have fun and go to symphony band which is the audition band I got into. I really love that class except that I play 3rd flute mostly which means I mostly just get to listen to the other flutes make beautiful music and then play about half the time. Oh well. You gotta start somewhere and since there are only a limited amount of flute positions and about a billion flute players......I'm just glad I got in. :) :) :) :) Man, I really don't mean to complain as much as I'm doing.

K, then it's devo which is awesome, then master class then home for an hour to scarf down some food and try to do some homework then I have flute choir at 5:45-8. Then I get to go home and do the rest of my homework. Yay!
But such is the life of a college student. If it wasn't worth it, I'd be doing something else. Probably working at stinking KFC so I'm glad I'm at school. I love it.

No comments: